Advertisement

Virgos and depression

topic posted Sun, April 13, 2008 - 6:34 PM by  Liberty
Share/Save/Bookmark
Just wondering if there are more depressed virgins out there? I have never heard whether or not depression is common among virgos, so I just thought I would throw it out there and see what came back.
posted by:
Liberty
Utah
Advertisement
  • Unsu...

wow honestly. i have been in and out of depression for years. I was diagnosed with depression and anxiety officially 2 years ago but never realized it before that. Since i tend to be a little secretive and bottle all my feelings up, with help from family and my counselor ive slowly came out of the huge hole i once was stuck in.
  • Unsu...

Newbie here,so 'hi everybody'.I'm prone to emotional ups and downs,I'm not entirely sure I would call it severe depression,as it generally doesn't hang around long.I worry alot and get all worked up over things,go through bouts of insomnia.For the most part it seems under control,I try to find ways of dealing with it.Most of it for me at least is self-inflicted,I find it near impossible to let up on myself.
  • I've been living with moderate depression since my teens, and am still trying to get a handle on it now (trug trial number 9 at the moment).

Of the Virgos I know, most don't have depression problems, but still have the same mental hamsters that make it dangerous for it to be the case. I think Virgo depression - and I'm referring at all times here to the medical condition, not just sadness - can spiral very quickly for us because of the constant inner monologue and constant attention to small things that our brains fixate on. Clinical depression is based partially on habits, which becomes another of our downfalls as we also like our familiar structure, making it difficult to break or change them. Rationalize your feelings a lot? Makes it tough to learn how to accept and work through them instead of suppressing them. Communicating emotions and personal feelings with others? Yep, not always our strong point either.

Not to mention the biggest problem I had when I was finally diagnosed (about 7 years ago), and that was facing the truth that some part of your brain wasn't working right. But, but... it's MY BRAIN! It's the part of me I love most, the fantastic mental center where all my Virgo superpowers reside, and it's not working right???

All that being said, I think we're also very good at working through or around depressive episodes. Focusing on all the little details, throwing yourself into projects, and an innate ability for clinical detachment can all be great boons when coping during down times. I know for my own part most people I know never knew I had any problems until I started being more open about them. We cover well.

Recent topics in "V is for Virgo"

Topic Author Replies Last Post
new moderator Wendy 1 March 3, 2012
Virgos and the signs of your LTR's Ablissa 10 September 16, 2011
Mars in Virgo women Brandon 1 April 25, 2011
Myers Briggs Virgos dwanjabi 22 April 25, 2011